Friday, October 17, 2008

Colter at Four Months


What can I say about our sweet little Colter? He is still a little runt weighing in at 12.5 lbs, which is under the 9th percentile. He is 26 inches long, which puts him in the 86th percentile for his height---tall and skinny. He is definately a handful. He wants to be held all of the time; we can't walk out of the room without him crying. It is really hard for me to get things done. I have to take him to every room I go, and make sure that he can see that I am close by or the screaming will begin.


On most days I enjoy the little guy, but there have been occasions when I get overwhelmed and need a break or some sleep. Colter isn't sleeping through the night anymore. He wakes up everynight between 1 a.m and 4:00 a.m.. I think that he wakes up just so he knows that someone is close by, because I try to feed him and he just snoozes through it. I'm not sure what happened because he was sleeping through the night better at 2 months. I need to let him cry a little more when he wakes up to see if he will go back to sleep, but since his crib is in our room I don't want him to wake Chris up. We can't find our portable crib so that I can put him in the other room for a few nights. I am definately ready for a full nights sleep.

Colter hasn't been able to start solid foods yet because of his gas problems. His peditrician said to wait another months to see if his gas issue would improve. He is able to roll from his tummy to his back, and he loves standing up. His legs and his neck are really strong. He is beginning to smile and giggle, which is something we all love. We are always acting goofy just to get a smile out of him. Oh, and this kid can drool, his shirts are always wet.
Colter got his first cold this last month, and was extra cranky for about a week. I forgot how hard it was to have sick babies; especially when they can't tell you what is wrong. We are looking forward to the next month to see what new things Colter will learn to do.

5 comments:

Klin said...

Wow! Ok, he is so adorable.

It will get better. He will eventually develop object permanence, until then, don't get out of his sight!

Love you guys.

The Gunn Family said...

Dude, I have an idea where the gas problem came from!

The Avery Family said...

Since when is gas a problem.
Embrace it. It works for his father.

MaMaMaMandy said...

My little Jovie is 2 months old now and she has Colter's exact measurements! She is probably prety big though for her age!

She isn't sleeping through the night either so I feel your pain! And she has gas issues too! Our kids must be kin. :)

BTW I was Chris' friend and neighbor way back in the day living in Provo! Would you mind emailing me your mailing address to mandykimball44@gmail.com?

Thanks and good luck with your little Colter!! Hope he gets better soon.

PS- Chris was the first person to introduce me to "the blue dart". I'm still impressed.

Clint and Kristen Family said...

I love seeing you hiding in the back of class! I wish we could chit-chat more. Those darn kids ruining our social life ;) Hang in there with that crazy baby!